Friday, December 19, 2014

Finally Moved On to Flats!


My teacher finally moved us on to the key of F today or one flat. It is about time! I didn't have my finger pattern chart with me though and she just has an awful time showing me something new. She can't just say that now the A string will have the same pattern as the E string in the Key of C. She has to do it this odd way and you get all confused. The same with the G string. She could have just said it is exactly like the D string pattern in the Key of C but she didn't. She had no plan on what I should play (because we always use me books) but I went through all my books today and found all the pieces with one flat plus any exercises. There really aren't many. However, I have an older book that is mostly flats. I wonder if modern music has changed so that it is mostly sharps or if it was always that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment